We’re very excited that the premiere is already next week, it’s crazy how time flies by! You can still buy tickets in presale, but hurry up! For more details, please consult the premiere announcement we posted a couple of weeks ago. We can’t wait to see you all and finally show you our film, we can feel it’s going to be an awesome night!
The last few weeks have been a little strange. On one side, it’s back to normality with the search for contracts to fill up our dangerously low bank accounts, and on the other hand the adventure continues with the festival run.
First we’d like to mention that we finally saw our film on the big screen for the first time at the NFB last Friday with the audio mix in 5.1. It was a very enjoyable experience, and we’d like to give a big thanks to the NFB for their help with the creation of the DCP.
For those who are wondering what a DCP is exactly, it’s an acronym that stands for Digital Cinema Package. Most big festivals ask for a DCP to project the final movie if it is selected (that or on film, but that would be a lot more complicated in our case). A DCP can be contained on a portable hard drive or a USB key and is formatted so that it can be read directly by cinema projectors. Here’s what our master copy looks like!
We were also quite busy lately because we needed to send our film to the festivals whose deadlines were approaching. A lot of festivals take place during the summer with the inscriptions ending in early March so let’s just say we were short on time. Here’s a list of festivals to which we currently submitted our film:
- ZAGREB WORLD FESTIVAL OF ANIMATED FILMS (Croatie)
- FANTASIA (Canada)
- FESTIVAL DE CANNES (France)
- MONTREAL WORLD FILM FESTIVAL (Canada)
- OLHAR DE CINEMA – CURITIBA INT’L FILM FESTIVAL (Bresil)
- FEST ANCA (Slovakia)
- ANNECY (France)
- OCICORTIN FESTIVAL (Italy)
- GOLDEN KUKER INT’L ANIMATION FILM FESTIVAL (Bulgaria)
- MELBOURNE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (Australia)
- BROOKLYN FILM FESTIVAL (USA)
- SPIKE AND MIKE’S FESTIVAL OF ANIMATION (USA)
- SYDNEY FILM FESTIVAL (Australia)
- LONDON INT’L ANIMATION FILM FESTIVAL (England)
- LIGHTHOUSE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (USA)
- NEW ORLEANS FILM FESTIVAL (USA)
- BURBANK INTERNATION ANIMATION FESTIVAL (USA)
- CHINA INT’L CARTOON AND ANIMATION FESTIVAL (China)
- USA FILM FESTIVAL (USA)
- FESTIVAL DE CINE HUESCA (Spain)
- YOUNGCUTS FILM FESTIVAL (Canada)
- ANI FILM (Czech Republic)
- ANIMATOR FESTIVAL (Poland)
- SIGGRAPH (Canada)
Of course we’re still only at the stage of submission so we need to wait and see if we’ll be selected. Fortunately we still have a long list of festivals to which we want to send the film so we shouldn’t have too much time on our hands to worry about that. All of this isn’t free (registration fees + DVD shipping is raising to about 600$ now), but if we can win a prize or two along the way it will have been worth it!
We wish you all a great week, and we can’t wait to see you on March 14th!